Sunday, December 7, 2008

Have Yourself a Naughty Little Christmas

I love Christmas stories. A Christmas Carol. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. And I'm a total sucker for a good Christmas movie. I must watch Scrooged, Holiday Inn, and Miracle on 34th Street at least three times each every year. I am addicted The Santa Clause and Love, Actually. And every year, no matter how bad the previews make them look, I buy my ticket to whatever holiday themed movie is gracing the box office.

I'm afraid I can't recommend Four Christmases, unless you are the kind of movie-goer who will not be bothered by the fact that the protagonists never learn anything. Except how to breed, which is not really something I can support when the characters are childish, selfish, don't communicate, and lie constantly to their families--even in the final scene! Arg. I'm not going to deny that there were funny moments, but Christmas movies need to have heart. Four Christmases was sans heart. So no recommendation.

However, I can recommend that you all click on over to the Samhellion website where the magnificent Samhain authors are providing a series of FREE HOLIDAY-THEMED E-BOOKS!!! How kickass is that? Go on, wallow in the Holiday goodness (or naughtiness). Maybe you'll discover an author or twelve to add to your To-Be-Read pile.

And don't miss Baby It's Cold Outside by Shelli Stevens, my fellow Seattle-ite. It had me daydreaming about snowstorms in Seattle all day. I'm dreaming of a whiiiiiiite Christmas...

No comments: