Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Syndication Is My New Best Friend

I love syndication. The two best inventions (beyond the wheel & the jaws of life) have to be the DVR & syndication. They just make my life so dang happy. Without the beauty that is syndication I never would have discovered The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, or, my newest addiction, Criminal Minds (every day on A&E!). How did we survive before shows were rebroadcast in deliciously addictive marathons?

See, I'm a slow adapter when it comes to TV shows - partially because television is designed around insanely slow character arcs that take years to develop and I get too impatient to stick with a show that long. I need growth! I need resolution! (Never could watch Lost.) Coming to a show after there are years of episodes in the can, when I can watch as many as I want in a single binge and see characters growing and changing... it's the only way to fly.

But that's just me. What about you? Has syndication made your life a giant bubble of happy? Or am I the only one?

No comments: