Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mia's Obsession

So yesterday, Finder's Keeper released (and I'm still having these random surreal whoa, dude, people could be reading it RIGHT NOW moments - yes, I still get them with every book).  As I've mentioned (ad nauseum) the heroine of Finder's Keeper is a science nerd.  A brainiac.  And she's obsessed (I don't think that's too strong a word here) with figuring out how the brain works.  The chemistry and electricity of it all.  The hormones and the synapses.

It just so happens this is an obsession I share with Mia.  How cool is the brain?  Extremely cool, boys and girls.  Grey matter, white matter, cortexes and lobes!  And you know who else loves the brain?  Nova Science Now. 

As I believe I have mentioned once or twice her at Das Blog, I have a thing for Nova Science Now.  And it just so happens they've had a couple episodes on the brain & smarts.  So here they are - How Smart Can We Get & How Does the Brain Work.  Come share Mia's (and my) obsession!

No comments: