Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day of Suck

Metaphor of the Day:

Right when you think you have your foot in the door, you discover you only had a toe in. Then someone slams the door on your toe and it hurts like a mo-fo. So then your toenail falls off. You're hopping around, screaming and bleeding and...

I'm sitting here, trying to think of a way to put a positive spin on this. I know there is a positive spin. Unfortunately, my toe hurts and that seems to be inhibiting my ability to take it to a happy place.

We'll go with Scarlet. Tomorrow is another day.

Heh. Yeah. Tomorrow I could lose another toe. Woohoo.

2 comments:

memi said...

I always enjoy a good metaphor, especially when it includes loss of appendages.

Vivi Andrews said...

Nothing like a good dismemberment metaphor, I always say.