Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Ecstasy and the Agony: Baseball Season Returns

It's Baseball Season again, boys and girls! Spring Fever has hit and I'm ready to cheer our boys on to victory... or, erm, since I'm a Mariners fan, I'm ready to cheer them on to... whatever it is we define as victory this year. Not last! Yeah, I'm totally ready to cheer my boys on to Not Last! Woot!

Seriously, though, there have been enough Cinderella teams over the years that I really think our boys have a shot this year. (I do! Don't laugh! We had a Cy Young winner last year! And Ichiro! Ichiro is awesome!) We can go all the way. It's just a question of all the pieces falling together. Sometimes magic happens. Here's to another 1995, another 2001. Let's hear it for the boys in blue!

And if you come from a baseball town other than NYC or St. Louis, you might appreciate this commercial about the agony of our, erm, waxing success. Or is it waning? I always get those two mixed up.



Happy Baseball Season, everyone!

No comments: