Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder (and Hilarity)

One of my favorite things about my season in New York has been indulging in my Broadway addiction and by far my favorite new show of the year is A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.  (I've seen it twice with plans to go again.)  So naturally, I was thrilled to see this little-show-that-could (no Big Names attached, multiple Broadway debuts) is leading the nominations for Tonys, Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk Awards this year.

It's sort of Gosford Park meets Oscar Wilde with music and romance.  All of the performances are brilliant and who doesn't love a good murder?  (It seems to be a theme this year, with Bullets Over Broadway on the Great White Way as well as Heathers & Murder For Two Off-Broadway.)  Anyway, I wanted to pimp my favorite show a bit.  If you're in New York, it's a must see.

Here's a bit of one of my favorite songs... the love triangle, when Our Intrepid Hero Monty is caught with his mistress in one room and his fiance in the other...


2 comments:

Vivant said...

I adored this show, and feel so smart for discovering it before it received this much deserved acclaim. Hope it sweeps the awards!

Vivi Andrews said...

Me, too! Gentleman's Groupies For Life!