Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ruby Tuesday - TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!

It's Ruby Tuesday! What does that mean, you ask? Only that I'm over at the Ruby Blog being interrogated about everything from the first romance novel I ever read to my sign. Come learn all about my hidden depths.  (Supposing I have hidden depths.)

Aaaaaand... since it's only TWO weeks until TAMING THE LION, shall we have a little teaser taste today? Just a little one?



“I—” She didn’t know what she would have said. I have to go? I-need-you-take-me-now? I can’t ever see you again? I want to lick you like a lollipop and swallow you whole? Whatever it was, it didn’t matter. The words clogged in her throat and she gave up on pushing them past the shame.
She couldn’t meet his eyes. Didn’t want to know what color they were when they were drenched in need.
Taking a page out of Lila’s book, Patch ran.
Do not pass Go. Do not look back. Do not shift because the cat will say yes, no matter how badly she needs to say no. Patch ran.
Thank God he didn’t follow her. She didn’t know what she would have done if he’d tried to come after her. To chase her down. If he’d caught her…
Images crashed against one another in her brain, half-baked fantasies springing instantly to life. Roman catching her, those muscled arms sweeping her off her feet, taking her to the ground, his weight riding her down, hands stripping away her clothing, caressing, always just on that perfect borderline of too rough. So strong. So dominant. Leaving no question of whom she belonged to, body and soul.
Holy Hades.

No comments: