Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here Comes the Bride!

The Finally a Bride Contest announced its placements today and guess what? Picket Fences came in first in the Mainstream category! Squee!

I guess that makes me the bride. Hee hee. I think the prize is a knife and cake server. I love a contest that awards weaponry. If getting published comes down to hand-to-hand combat, I am now armed and ready to decimate the competition. And then serve them a conciliatory slice o' cake.

One more time, woohoo! And congratulations to all the other finalists!

3 comments:

Kaye Chambers said...

WHOOHOO!

WAY TO GO! And I may have to borrow the weaponry.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! They should make the finalists fight it out in some sort of death match. We can tether or plaques together as body armour and duel. I only have a pewter book mark for weaponry. I could swing it around by the tassel and launch it at my opponent.

Kelly

Vivi Andrews said...

Author Deathmatch! I love it! We can arm ourselves with poisoned pens! I bet our certificates can give some nasty papercuts, but we'd better steer clear of the RITA winners. That statuary looks pretty heavy - perfect for bludgeoning.