- Rainy afternoons on my grandma's lanai with a book.
- Going to the grocery store in flip-flops and a soggy T-shirt with my hair still dripping from the ocean.
- Hot malasadas, char-su manipua, kalbi, crispy gau gee, pork hash, and tsashimi so fresh it practically wriggles. Yum. I eat my way through this island.
- Listening to tourists try to pronounce the street names. Kapi'olani. Kalanianaole. Ke'eaumoku. Auwaiolimu.
- Walking on Kailua Beach for miles and miles and miles. Dude, that beach seems to stretch from here to forever... and the kite-surfers are always such fun to watch.
- Hanging out with my big ole Hawaiian family.
Least Favorite Things: Hawaiian Style
- Carpenter Bees the size of my thumb.
- Sugar Ants that get into everything.
- Ginormous moths the size of my fist (not exaggerating) that are too stupid to fly toward the light like moths of average IQ and instead feel the need to throw themselves against the walls and ceiling of my room for hours on end every night. Too Dumb To Live Moths should do me a favor and commit suicide in someone else's bedroom.
So, yeah. Bugs. Ew. Geckos, however, quite awesome.