Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let It Begin! RWA National Conference Commences

It's time! The Romance Writers of America National Conference in sunny (hot, hot, extremely hot) Washington DC is now UNDERWAY. (Okay, so technically it's not underway until later today, but I'm here, so IT'S UNDERWAY!)

I am freakishly excited about this conference. I've never been to Nationals before, so I'm braced for it to be a total zoo. Today (Tuesday, since it's late as I write this) there was much sightseeing to be had (monuments! museums!) and then the first gathering of the Golden Heart brethren (who are all women, but I like the word "brethren" so we're not gonna be gender specific).

I used to live in DC (Bethesda, MD, actually) so this is a sort of homecoming/wild-and-crazy-RWA party for me. Double delight.

Stay tuned, more to come from DC!

No comments: