Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Drowning in Awesomeness

Today, darlings, is a day of much awesomeness. Books. Oh, the books. It is a release day sans par! There are so many books today that have me titillated, I can hardly contain myself.

Something About You by Julie James - Oh my freaking God, somebody strap me down. I have mad fan-love for this author. I've heard this one is a bit different - more suspensy, more spicy - than her previous two, but that has diminished my anticipation not a jot. (Not even one little jot!) And now the day has arrived. The moment is here. The book releaseth. And I'm going to run right out and buy my copy. Will I read it right away? Probably not. I'll want to cuddle it and admire it on my nightstand, carry it around with me as a security blanket for a while first - so don't tell me spoilers! (Plugging my ears and singing "La la la la!" - cuz I'm all about the maturity.)


Blood & Destiny by Kaye Chambers - I got a sneak peek at this one, because I know the author and I am not above exploiting that friendship. Fair warning: I'm hella biased. But if you like early LKH & Patricia Briggs, Kaye Chambers has an offering you really ought to check out. Our shape-shifter PI heroine is tangled up in an off-again-on-again with a seductive vamp while trying to solve a missing persons case... just as the new cat in town starts poking his nose into her business. Oh what a tangled web...


Warrior Ascended by Addison Fox - Fellow Golden Heart finalist Addison Fox releases the first book of her Zodiac Warriors series today! I'm psyched because 1) I totally know her! 2) I'm a Leo! The hero is the Leo Warrior! and 3) I'm a total nerd for all things Egypt. Ancient paranormal strife? Gods a-meddling? Yes, please. I'll take a double helping.





Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell - I love Juniper. She has a way of bringing emotional realism to some very naughty situations. I can only anticipate that Training the Receptionist will be no exception. I have a feeling this is a "check your pacemaker before starting" type read - which has my little toes curling in anticipation.




Oh, and did you know a new Kresley Cole, Pleasure of a Dark Prince, released just two weeks ago? Which answers the question: Why, yes, that was me making the little "eep! eep! eep!" noise of delirious glee in the stacks at Borders last night.

It's a good week to be a booklover, folks. A very good week.

3 comments:

Kaye Chambers said...

WOW! What great recommendations.

I see an escape in my future. My Kindle is already humming (figuratively speaking) as it downloads.

Thanks for putting BLOOD AND DESTINY on the list. :) I'm really excited to see it out there, and hope the readers enjoy it.

Vivant said...

I'm so glad all this awesomeness is at my fingertips to cajole me from my no-more-Olympics-for-2-years blues. Thanks for the heads up!

Juniper Bell said...

Vivi!!!!! I'm so honored and awed to be on your recommended list! Especially to be on the same page as Julie James and the others, wow!! I'm going to check out all these books ASAP. Thank you!