Friday, March 26, 2010

Golden Heart & RITA Finalists Announced!

This time each year, Romance Writers of America announce the finalists for their big awards - the RITA for published books & the Golden Heart for unpublished manuscripts. Last year I was one of the lucky honorees in the Golden Heart (for which I am now ineligible). The Golden Heart was a great experience, a fun ride, and now a new set of finalists get to take a spin.

Yesterday was a day of much frenzy and excitement for many a romance writer - aspiring & established alike. Don't believe me? Just check out the frantic activity at the Ruby blog yesterday as finalists cyber-toasted one another. Or swing on by the RWA official list to see if any of your favorite books from 2009 got the nod. I know some of mine did. Kresley Cole... Julia Quinn... Marjorie Liu...

I meant to be running about yesterday flinging congratulations far and wide, but things didn't quite turn out that way. For the last week I've been doing battle with local printers who "don't know why it isn't working" & screeching over insane shipping costs from online printers (Alaska is not in Antarctica for crying out loud!). I've been trying to get promo stuff lined up for the Romantic Times convention next month. And now, at long last, I finally have a plan that isn't going to force me to sell a kidney to cover the shipping costs and bookmarks & cover flats have officially been ordered. Woot!

So now I plunge myself back into the fun side of the writing world to say... HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all the RITA & Golden Heart finalists!

Enjoy your year! (And prepare a speech. Trust me, you'll kick yourself if you don't.)

No comments: