Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome to Kelli Scott!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, please help me welcome our third Fabulous Blogsitter, the incomparable Kelli Scott! Kelli writes heat and humor - two of my favorite things - and graciously agreed to keep things spicy here while I'm away. And now, Kelli Scott!

I want to thank Vivi for letting me babysit her blog for a day while she’s on vacation. I jumped at the chance. Right? What’s not to love? It’s like house sitting for your rich relatives. Swimming in their pool, eating your way through their pantry and watching Pay-Per-View. I think I’ll throw a wild party. And you are invited. Yes, you. And you. All of you. I’m going to do the Risky Business dance in nothing but my underwear all over her blog.

I told her I’d do a blog on What’s Hot and What’s Not. I know what I think is hot and what’s not. Hot is kissing. It can be an innocent church kiss like on The Wedding Singer or a crazy tongue-twirling kiss so hot that steam rises off the couple. Hot is lacing or twining of fingers. So intimate. Again, be it sweet handholding or hands cuffed above the lover’s heads while making love. It’s all good.

I was on a chapter mate’s blog awhile back, and for her the “what’s not hot” was flaring nostrils in love scenes. Not hot, she reported. I’m not a fan of flaring nostrils. I’ve never written about them. I’ve never seen these flaring nostrils in my limited lovin’ experience, but it’s not a deal breaker for me. As a matter of fact, if we’re talking about a demon or shape shifter I might expect some flaring of nostrils.

I love crazy, frenzied love scenes. You know the kind. Clothes get ripped. Furniture is broken. Beds collapse. A trip to the ER is not out of the question. Hot is a hero worshipping the heroine, putting her on a pedestal. And if it’s an erotic, I guess he can tie her up.

I read a book where the heroine licked the hero’s zipper. I’m still trying to get the image out of my head. You too? Sorry. First of all zipper-licking sounds unsanitary and potentially dangerous. It should come with a disclaimer to not try this at home. And now all my men, real and imaginary, wear button fly Levi’s.

What’s hot and what’s not is subjective, like everything else in the writing world. What’s hot to you? What’s not?

www.kelliscottbooks.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oi, zipper licking will stick with me for weeks. Now, every time I see someone unzipping their pants (I'm on vacation people, I mean poolside and on beaches! Well, I suppose my husband too.) I'm going to think of some poor woman cutting her tongue on that metal. Ew.

Kelli Scott said...

Hopefully your vacation isn't ruined. But everytime you see a woman lick a man's zipper, you'll think of your fab vacation.