Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to Kelly Fitzpatrick (& her Freebie!)

Today, please welcome to the blog our first Fabulous Blogsitter during my Chinese Adventure, the one and only Kelly Fitzpatrick! Not only is Kelly here to keep you smiling while I'm off in the un-interneted portions of Asia, she comes bearing gifts! Free stuff! So let's hear some really enthusiasm as we chorus: Welcome, Kelly!

Free to good home—Holiday Hostage.

Yes, it’s a little late to the Christmas party or early, however you want to look at it. During the transition of Cerridwen Press being absorbed into Ellora’s Cave, my little freebee got put on hold. But it’s here now. Cross fingers. Rub your lucky rabbit’s foot or whatever you rub to get lucky.

Get it now. Save it for Christmas if you’d like.

Why would anybody give their treasured words away for free, you ask? I spend hours hunched over my laptop, wracking my brain for just the right combination of words. From somewhere deep in my mind, I devised a mini plot, micro back-story and teeny tiny conflict to draw the reader into my little world, wrapping it all up in an itsy bitsy bow with a happy ending in less than seven thousand words.

With all the words out there in cyberland, why would anyone choose mine? Because I have so much confidence in my words, I’m giving them away for free, free, free (insert echo here). I’m going to borrow a page from the drug dealer’s handbook and hope you’ll get hooked on my writing and be jonsin’ for a little bit more.

You might think because it’s free, or because it’s short that I may have skimped on the story, on the funny, on the romance. Now is no time to hold back on the goods. I want my reader to come on in, sit right down and be totally satisfied in a single sitting. Wait, now I sound like a hooker. So maybe my writing is a guilty pleasure or a naughty vice you’ll need a twelve-step program to shake. I hope so.

What do you think? Am I a word whore or a marketing genius? Not that I invented free reads? Wouldn’t that be cool?

Visit http://www.jasminejade.com/p-8948-holiday-hostage.aspx to download your copy of Holiday Hostage.

4 comments:

Vivant said...

Kelly, you created a monster! Freebies are like chips -- can't stop at ONE. Suffice it to say, you gave me a very enjoyable break today and my ereader is richer for it...without making me poorer.

I agree that freebies are a phenomenal marketing tool. It's all upside for the reader, and ideally for the author too.

In honor of your leading me to the array of freebies, yours will be my number one read. And it's a two-fer for me. I binge on Christmas stories during the holiday season, so I will read your freebie now and then go back to it when 'tis the season.

Thank you for seducing me one-step closer to needing Readers Anonymous!

Unknown said...

I have airplane reading material now Yeah!!

KELLY FITZPATRICK said...

Ah, Vivant, I feel my work here is done. I'm like the Pied Piper of words (er...not that readers are rats...)

Happy reading!

KELLY FITZPATRICK said...

Enjoy, Kali. I hope it's a short flight. About 6000-7000 words long.