Monday, March 26, 2012

Golden Heart & Rita Call Day!

Today is the day, boys and girls! It's the Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart & RITA Award Call Day!

All around the world, aspiring writers and published authors are waking up and hovering by their phones for The Call that will set them on the path to that little gold necklace or that massive gold statue, respectively. I didn't enter this year, but I have my fingers firmly crossed for several good friends.

Now, as the calls go out, may I say GOOD LUCK to all those who entered and CONGRATULATIONS to those deserving authors who get the call.

And if you're looking for a party, a place to score some PRIZES, share your excitement or get some commiseration if that call doesn't come, be sure to go to the Ruby Blog today where we are having our Annual Call Day Party. It will be crazy and marvelous and not to be missed.

Good luck!

******UPDATED*******
Congratulations to all the finalists (you can see a full list HERE)

But special shout outs to Rubies Darynda Jones & Elizabeth Essex for their Rita Nominations (NSRE/Best First Book & Historical respectively!).

To Rubies Elisa Beatty, Sally Eggert, Kim Law & Elizabeth Bemis on their Golden Heart Nominations.

To Sally Kirkpatrick (who I met at my very first writing conference and who is AWESOME) on her Novel with Strong Romantic Elements Golden Heart nom.

To Eileen Emerson (whose ms I was lucky enough to read last year) for her Regency Historical Golden Heart nom.

AND to the fabulous Jamie Wesley (fellow NU alum, GO CATS!) for her Series Contemporary Golden Heart nomination!

GOOD LUCK, LADIES!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh I knew there was a reason I was supposed to wake up early today!

Congrats to all of this year's contenders!