Monday, April 27, 2009

Speaking of which...

While we're on the topic of why we read romance... over at the Damned Scribbling Women blog, they're asking how we got turned onto romance. Did your mother give you your first? Did you give your mother her first?

As for me... I found an old romance somewhere around the house (I think it had been left there by one of my many romance-loving aunts) when I was a teenager and I've been hooked ever since. I'm not sure if I gave my mom her first, but I can say I have definitely broadened her reading horizons as she tries to keep up with my genre-jumping ways. I told her she wasn't allowed to read my romance manuscripts without some perspective on what was kosher in the genre these days. I force-fed her Crusie & Liu & Quinn, among others. Yep, I am proud to say I have turned her on to several excellent authors. Most of whom were recommended to me by my aunt, her little sister... so it's all in the family.

What about you? Head on over to DSW to join in the discussion.

No comments: