Saturday, November 7, 2009

Raven Movie Snark!

The illustrious Mandy Roth and magnificent Michelle Pillow are allowing me (moi! no kidding!) to contribute to their fabulous Raven Blog. The first Saturday of every month, I'll be snarking it up with my commentary on a paranormal movie. There will be spoilers. Oh yes, there will be spoilers. But hopefully there will also be many giggles, a few snorts, and a guffaw or two.

Click on the pic to join me today when I'll be giving an (extremely biased) comparison between the Donald Sutherland Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Nicole Kidman's recent remake Invasion.


2 comments:

Kate Diamond said...

I haven't seen either movie... perhaps because the X-Files theme music used to scare me.

What can I say? I am a wuss.

Vivi Andrews said...

Kate,
The Sutherland one is wonderfully creeeepy, but the new Nicole Kidman one is... um... not even slightly scary. It's more of a thriller that happens to have aliens instead of the usual bad guys. But if you want a Bodysnatcher movie that is more camp than scare, I'd totally go with Robert Rodriguez's high school alien flick The Faculty. I think it's probably wuss-approved. :)