Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shifter News & Reverse Stalkerism

Guess what? It's official! Serengeti Lightning, #3 in the Serengeti Shifters series will be coming out with Samhain Publishing later this year. The dotted lines have all been signed. Woohoooooo! This one is about Ava & Caleb's youngest brother Michael & naughty schoolteacher Mara. More details to come...

Where will those details be? Why on the Death-By-Purple Website, of course! I'm actually thinking it's time to give the Death-by-Purple Website a facelift. When I first launched that puppy (low, these many moons ago) I didn't have much in the way of content. Now I feel like I have a surfeit (yeah, you heard it, I said surfeit) of content, but am lacking on the organization and user-friendliness.

I think I'm going to keep the overall (freakishly-purple) look. Partly because purple is my school color (Go Cats!) and partly because I tend to freak out when websites I frequent drastically change their look. Lately Dear Author has been messing with my mind by changing their theme on an almost daily basis as they try to find one that is wonderful and pretty without crashing their servers. My changes will be mostly having to do with navigability and fonts. Because I am currently infatuated with a new font. (Puppy-love at the moment, but who knows where this character devotion will lead?)


And in unrelated news, Hello, you! Yes, you! I know you're there. I can seeeeee you. (Creeped out, yet?)

So, the other day I got to feeling like I was talking into a void. I started to wonder if my blog is essentially me talking to myself, so I opened up my website-stats-tracking-program-thingy and There You Were! There are actually quite a few of you, my silent lurker visitors. Now, I'm not going to try to get you to break your vows of silence. I just wanted to make sure you were acknowledged and welcomed. So hello and welcome!

Fair warning: Next week there will be a couple contests and if you wanna win stuff, you're gonna have to comment. But if you don't wanna win stuff, I hope you still come by and silently loom, because I love having you here. Even if the only people who know you're here are you, my stats-tracker, and (when I bother to check my stats-tracker) me. Happy lurking, darlings!

2 comments:

Vivant said...

Congrats on Serengeti Lightning, and what excellent timing!

I love knowing that the next installment in a series is definitely on the way before I read the newest entry. It's like a comfy security blanket reassuring me that I won't be left in the cold wondering what happened to the characters I have invested a little part of myself in and have come to care about. That seems to mentally free me to be fully in the now for the current entry, knowing that my future with these friends is secure.

Gee, are my obsessive readaholic tendencies showing?

Vivi Andrews said...

I'm exactly the same way. I've actually been known to buy a book and then hoard it until I know another one from that author is coming out - so I'll have one in reserve if I ever have a day when I NEED to read a book by that particular writer.