Friday, April 16, 2010

Author Interview: EMMA PETERSEN

Good morning, booklovers! My guest today is erotic romance author Emma Petersen, here to give us a look at her upcoming release Make Me Remember and what drives her books. Welcome, Emma! (Applause!)

What do you find attractive in a hero?

I have to admit it. I'm a sucker for alphas and intelligence. Not the caveman "You Jane, me Alpha." type. But the strong silent type.

What do you look for in a heroine?

Kick assitude. Love strong heroine, who can keep up with the hero and can ride to the hero's rescue when needed.

Who was the last author whose writing wowed you?

Wow, I have so many. I've been lucky to be able to read quite a few authors' works in progress. I got to read Gwen Hayes upcoming YA which was pretty fantastic and of course my critique partner Jackie Barbosa. Anything she writes wows me.

What drives your books? Is it the hero, the heroine, the conflict?

It's all three really. Because the heroine and hero drive each other and the conflict, external or internal drive them.

Thanks for stopping by, Emma! Today one lucky commenter will win a Borders Gift Certificate. Good luck!

18 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the cover for your new book and I enjoyed the interview. I haven't read any of your books yet but I checked them out and they sound really good.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Natasha A. said...

Hi Emma!!! I LOVE kick ass heroines!!

KELLY FITZPATRICK said...

Nice interview Vivi & Emma!

Beth said...

Good interview. Haven't read any of Emma's books yet, but like the sounds of this newest one.

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Heroines with attitude are my heroin.

Is that a really bad pun or did I make you spit coffee?

Come on, don't tell me you guys don't think that every time you type "heroine". Really, it's just me? Huh.

:) Miranda

Nancy G said...

Loved the cover-nice interview-short and to the point.

Maria said...

Great cover for Make Me Remember and I agree...I'm more drawn to an alpha that is intelligent than to one who acts like a caveman. I also like a heroine who can keep up with the hero and rescue him if she needs to.

Drea Becraft said...

Thanks for blogging with us! I love the cover!

elaing8 said...

Nice interview.I agree with the others that is a great cover

Anonymous said...

Just went to your site an signed up for the newsletter. From what I've read about Make Me Remember sounds good and it's nice to know that the characters will be strong and interesting too.

Cathy M said...

Hi Emma,

Love your hero description, strong and silent, with hidden depths you can't wait to uncover. Like my heroes (and heroines) with a sense of humor too. You can tell alot about a person by what makes them smile or laugh.


caity_mack(at)yahoo(dot)com

Armenia said...

I love Alpha heroes and heroines with spunk.

armiefox at yahoo dot com

Chelsea B. said...

Great interview! And I love the cover to your book! Very romantic!

booklover0226 said...

Emma Petersen is a new author for me. I look forward in reading her works.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Unknown said...

Three cheers for Alpha men! Any man who reads Scientific American before bed but can still ride in to save the day with his big strong muscles has my heart.

michelle said...

kick assitude....I'm there! One reason I like paranormals:) Make me Remember looks great!

MichelleK

Karin said...

Great cover! Great descriptions about the types of heroes and heroines you like. I enjoy those types of characters myself.

Stacey Smith said...

I love Alpha Males two.and the heroin has to be a strong person i hat wimpy girls


sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com