Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pick Your Poison: SHIFTING DREAMS

It's release day, y'all! The Shifting Dreams anthology officially hits bookshelves today! (Though if you ordered online from Amazon or B&N, you may have your touchable, pettable copy already... yes, I pet my books...)

Do you have a favorite kind of shapeshifter you like to read about? This anthology features three stories by three different authors (including moi) about three very different kinds of shape-shifters. In Robie Madison's The Man of Her Dreams, our hero is cursed to transform into a fae stallion. In Kiss & Kin, Kinsey W. Holley has created an intricate world of werewolves, romance, and intrigue. And in my Serengeti Heat, a pride of lion-shifters heat things up. We've got shifters of all varieties, boys and girls. Pick your poison.

One way or the other, the fur’s gonna fly…

The Man of Her Dreams by Robie Madison
When Megan inherits an antique locket, she’s shocked to discover her dream lover’s portrait inside. The same man who defends her against the wild stallion of her nightmares.
After 170 years suspended between man and beast, Owain has three days to regain human form…if he can win Megan’s unconditional love. Or remain the object of her nightmares. Forever.

Serengeti Heat by Vivi Andrews
As the smallest in a pride of shape-shifting lions, Ava’s always had to toe the line. Now, with a sexy new alpha in control, she grabs her chance to revel in one wild night.
When Ava crosses his path, all Landon’s noble intentions are incinerated by her heat. And he has no intention of letting his rebellious, seductive lioness go…

Kiss and Kin by Kinsey W. Holley
Lark has always been in love with her cousin by marriage, Taran. But he’s always treated her like a child. Little does she know Taran couldn’t bear her pity—or her disgust—if she learned he wants her for his mate.
Now someone wants her dead. Keeping her safe means keeping her close—and it’s getting harder to keep their paws off.

Today, in honor of the release, I'm giving away a signed copy of Shifting Dreams to one commenter. Just tell me which shifter variety is your favorite to read about. Dragons? Skinwalkers? Lions and tigers and bears? Let's see some rabid favoritism, folks. I'm hoping for a full-on brawl in the comments section today, so let's get animalistic!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I like bit cats. Feline sensuality is intriguing and would make for some fun petting in bed. Lions and tigers and cougars, oh my!

Nancy G said...

My favorite is as always,n the dragons. Then if they aren't available it would be the big cats. But dragons definitely top the list for my shifter preference.

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I've got to go with Nancy - Dragons! The first ebook I ever bought was Hot Water by Lex Valentine, all about dragon shifters!

I do have an affection for big cats though. I am absolutely in love with the wereleopards in the Anita Blake Series... of Nathanal, be mine! :D

Sherry said...

My favorite is wolves. I think what I love about them is that they mate for life I just love it. After wolves it would have to be big cats.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Armenia said...

I love reading about jacguars, panthers, really all the feline shifters I enjoy. They're fierce, loyal and protect their own, and that makes them so sexy.

Anonymous said...

I lean more towards cats like panthers, jaguars, and cougars. They're just a great way to describe the actions of the characters.

Vivi Andrews said...

Dude! Check out the feline shifters and their wild popularity! I love to see that. :) Of course, dragons are pretty awesome too, what with the flying and all.

Sherry - I didn't know wolves mated for life in the wild. Interesting!

elaing8 said...

I'd say wolves are my favorite shifters. But cat shifters are a close second and dragons.

Jennifer Mathis said...

dang I might have to fight with myself cause I love um all.

Vivant said...

Big cats are definitely my favorites...but I can also go for wolves, dragons, birds of prey, selkies...fish and snakes, not so much. It really depends on the story and the strength of the character/world development.

Karin said...

I'm torn between wolves and big cats. I just can't decide between the two of them because they each have some great qualities.

Sharon K said...

Congrats on the release!!!
My favorite shifter would have to be Dragons! How awesome it would be to be able to be that big, strong & be able to fly too! And sexy too!!! :)

Fedora said...

I'm a sucker for dragons and big cats! I love the whole mythical, flying thing, and the cats are so gorgeous and big and strong... ;)