Friday, May 21, 2010

Liar, Liar

That's right, boys and girls, I've been nominated for Lesa's Bald Faced Liar "Creative Writer" Blogger Award! Mad thanks to Mary Hughes for singling me out as a prevaricator extraordinaire.

How does this work? I've posted seven statements about myself below. At least one is true and at least one is a bald faced lie. All you have to do is figure out which is which.

And because I love to share the wealth, I'm nominating a few liars creative bloggers of my own. Be sure to check out:

  • Shelli Stevens - the author your mother warned you about... naughty books for all occasions
  • Kinsey Holley - werewolfy goodness of the steamy delicious variety
  • Kelly Fitzpatrick - laughter & romance, my favorite combination
  • Kate Diamond - founding member of Damned Scribbling Women blog, romance afficianado, and aspiring scribe
  • Jess Granger - sci-fi romance to fire the imagination and tug at the heartstrings
  • Liz Talley - fabulous new author of comtemporary romance with Superromance
  • Sela Carsen - Paranormal. Romantic. Comedy. (the trifecta)
And don't forget to swing back around to check out Mary Hughes - side splitting laughs and spicy hot vamps (and a gift certificate going to one lucky commenter).

And now, to the lies!

1. I have answered the phone to find Tobey Maguire on the other end of the line and worked on a film for which someone other than myself was nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, & a Screen Actors Guild Award.

2. I rode a camel in Morocco, but I have never been south of the equator - the lack of which eats away at my soul.

3. I was valedictorian of my high school, a National Merit scholar and in Mensa - but I can't tell my left from my right.

4. I once had my head stapled shut after gashing it on the ceiling, didn't get home from the emergency room until two in the morning and went to my 7:30am class the next day. (Did you know there is something called the halo effect where head wounds close to the brain seem to hurt several inches above your actual skull? Soooo weird.)

5. I hate earthquakes, thunderstorms, and blizzards, but love the natural power of tornadoes. I blame The Wizard of Oz. Tornadoes=magic.

6. I once cried and nearly hyperventilated between sparring and board breaking during a karate belt test. And passed the test. (Never discount the sympathy vote in martial arts.)

7. I can both lead and follow lindy hop. If you don't know what that means, you are in the majority, and while I refuse to explain, I will tell you that I did it at RT with Jess Granger and it was awesome. (Kinky girl-on-girl lindy... ooooooh.)

Soooo.... how truthful was I? Can you spot the lie(s)?

7 comments:

KELLY FITZPATRICK said...

I'm not sure which are lies, but I do know not knowing your right from left is a sign of true genius (even if you're not sure if it's spelled correctly)because I can't tell my right from left either.

It wouldn't surprise me if it all was true (except 2).

Vivant said...

Tornados may = magic, but I say #5 = lie!

Vivi Andrews said...

All True Except Two rhymes. I should have done it that way... but I didn't. Sorry, Kelly.

Vivant, you're calling #5 a lie, but are you saying that's the only one?

Unknown said...

I'm going to agree with Vivant. And only number 5. I'm a bit iffy on number six trying to imagine you crying, but I'm going to stick with it as truth.

And who needs left and right? I rather dig the yourway myway method of direction giving.

Anonymous said...

i think it is number 5.It is hard because I am sure you probably stretched the truth as far as it would go with out really telling a lie.

Mary Hughes said...

I'm with Kelly, partly because I like the rhyme. All true but 2... although maybe not 6 either :)

Shelli Stevens said...

I have no idea, but I wanna know! LOL.