Monday, November 1, 2010

Kangaroos!

So yesterday, you know how I was whining about how I hadn't seen any kangaroos? Dude! I went inland into rural Queensland and saw... wait for it... SIXTEEN KANGAROOS! Plus (plus!) at least one had a kanga-baby (joey? is that what they're called?) in her pouch! Might have been two in the pouch but I couldn't quite tell. I would post my pic here so you could all try to figure out if it was one or two for yourselves, but the internet connection I'm on here is being really wonky and I can't get it to upload.

Oh! And! I saw an emu. Gorgeous big ole emu (but those suckers can book and I couldn't get my camera out in time to get a good shot). And a bunch of beautiful bright blue birds I don't know the names of.

Today I'm in Mount Isa, Queensland. A mining town that announces you are a real Australian now that you've crossed their borders. Ha! I'm a real Australian!

And, in unrelated news, did you guys know that The Ghost Exterminator comes out in print TOMORROW? SQUEEEE!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'm still following your travels. Sounds like you're having a GREAT time. Looking forward to more stories.