Sunday, March 1, 2009

Last Chance to enter the Gigolo Contest!

Zounds! Is it March already? You know what that means, folks. Today is your last chance to comment here on the blog to be entered to win the Gigolo Contest! The winner will be announced here shortly after midnight tonight (Pacific time). And just because I feel like it, I'm going to draw a second name. This runner-up will receive a copy of The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant in the electronic format of your choice.

It's been a crazy month, boys and girls. All of the Tickle My Fantasy books released, getting some great reviews and making it onto the MBaM Top 10 (The Ghost Shrink is still hanging in at #9 after nine days on the list!). I've been wallowing in the new release high and enjoying running my first ever contest here at the blog.

Now that the contest is drawing to a close, I find myself thinking, "Where do we go from here?" What direction is my blog going to take post-gigolo-madness? That's where you come in.

The Final, Last, Ultimate, Ain't-No-More Gigolo Question: What do you look for in a blog? A set schedule? More free-form? Guest bloggers? Interviews of other authors? Info on new releases? Quotes? Craft tips? A window into the life of the writer? What do you like to see on a blog?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Newsflash! Carolina Wolf by Sela Carsen is up for Book of the Week at Long & Short Reviews! She's in third place right now in votes. Let's make this Tickle My Fantasy author number 1!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the above!
I like what you have done (doesn't have to be a contest though) where you get audience participation!
I like that you prompt people for responses, because sometimes I just don't know what to comment on people's blogs.

Vivi Andrews said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks, Natasha!

Unknown said...

I love your blog the way it is. I love to read the blogs each day and I agree with Natasha, sometimes I dont' know what to comment and you make it easy. I also love that you comment back. A lot of authors don't do that and that's why your blog is a little more special than most! Have a wonderful day!

Vivi Andrews said...

Awww, yay. Thank you, lastnerve! You have a great day, too! And I love the monkeys. :)

Marina said...

I don't have anything specific that I look for in a blog. I do like to know what books that authors read, additional insight into their life, etc.

Anonymous said...

With little free time, I find I do search and go to blogs that offer writing craft information. Still love the "rolling on the floor moaning in Italian" comment you made regarding revision.

Unknown said...

Excerpt and blurbs to author's books, guest bloggers, and reviews to books. The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant sounds great!

Karin said...

There are a number of blogs I enjoy going to. One of my favorite's is Jill Shalvis's blog because she mixes things up. There are a lot of funny stories from her life, but she also posts things about her books, including blurbs and excerpts. I also enjoy blogs with guest bloggers and author interviews because they give more insight into the authors themselves.

Vivi Andrews said...

Thanks for all the blog advice everyone! Now it's giveaway time! Random number generator, here I come. :)