Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Guest Author: Juniper Bell

Ladies and gentlemen, today as our final interview victim we are joined by erotic romance author and my fellow Alaskan, the lovely and talented Juniper Bell! Today she's here to give us a glimpse into her upcoming release Restraining the Receptionist. Welcome, Juniper! (Applause!)

1. What's the weirdest misconception you've ever come across about being an Alaskan resident?

Everyone thinks I can see Russia from my house! Thank very much, Sarah Palin, for that pervasive misconception about Alaska. Actually, it’s true, I can see Russia when I’m hanging out on Sarah’s porch, slugging whiskey and shooting at the neighbors. But that hardly ever happens now that she’s so busy.

2. What movie or TV show is your personal guilty pleasure?

I secretly love the Barbie movies. I’m so grateful to my six-year-old stepdaughter, because without her I never would have been exposed to these masterpieces. Have you seen them? Barbie plays different characters and really shows off her range. Sometimes she’s an island princess, sometimes a Musketeer or a mermaid. She sings, dances, saves the world. And seriously, they always have an uplifting message about female friendship and empowerment. I’m going to miss them now that she’s growing out of her Barbie phase.

3. In your receptionist series, Ethan and Simon jockey for position in their unconventional relationship - which of them would fight dirtier in the competition for Dana's affections?

Ethan, without a doubt. Ethan has a fascinating, dangerous past, which will be revealed in Restraining the Receptionist. Simon and Ethan are both powerful men, but Ethan will do anything to survive and win. In this book, he saves Dana from a scary situation. He’s a strong, tough guy – the kind you want on your side.

4. Dana is an unconventional romance heroine - what's her idea of a dream date?

Dana likes adventure, particularly in the bedroom. Right now her happiest days are at work with Simon and Ethan. It would be nice if they took her out on a date. I’ll speak to them about that. Maybe they can take her to a fancy restaurant and do naughty things with the tiramisu.

5. What's next for you? Are there more receptionist stories on the way?

There may be another Receptionist story, because I have an idea about an uptight accountant showing up to audit the books. I think Dana could have fun with him. But you never know! I didn’t plan to write a second one. But I got requests for a sequel from readers, which was so incredibly flattering, how could I say no? In the meantime, my next book will be Go Deep, the next in a series of sexy books set during a very naughty winter festival in Alaska.

Thanks for having me, Vivi, and congratulations on the raging success of Serengeti Sunrise!

Thank you, Juniper! It's always a delight to have to visit. And now, a look at the soon-to-be released Restraining the Receptionist!

Every deal has a loophole.

…the Receptionist, Book 2

Dana Arthur’s new job with the firm of Cowell & Dirk is going well. Translation: the occasionally kinky ménage with her two bosses, Ethan and Simon, has been several months of politically incorrect bliss.

Except the relationship feels unbalanced. While Ethan is the undisputed master, the partners’ iron-clad agreement stipulates that Simon must be present as she performs her “duties”. And she senses there’s a subtle, powerful tug-of-war developing for more than just her body.

Simon had agreed to share the firm’s fiery, sensually daring receptionist…to a point. With Simon out of town, Ethan plans a feast of erotic temptations designed to have Dana begging him to break the deal. He didn’t realize his heart would be a casualty.

Once she surrenders to his wicked demands, Dana realizes there’s no going back. It’s time for a three-way renegotiation…this time, all or nothing.


Product Warnings: NSFW!! Do Not Try This at Your Job. Contains highly inappropriate workplace behavior including m/f/m, m/m, bondage, creative use of office space and a high-stakes trip to Atlantic City.
Pre-order from Samhain :: Visit Juniper's Website :: Check out an Excerpt

**Update: Blogger seems to be blocking comments again today. My apologies to those who are getting error messages. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon!**

10 comments:

gigis said...

***clapping for Juniper***
I am one of those fans who has been bugging for another book for Dana ;)

Gigi

Unknown said...

Holy cow. I wish being a receptionist had been that interesting for me! I might have stuck around longer. Too bad I worked with a bunch of Alaskan pilots and mechanics. To pull out Vivi's favorite quote on Alaskan men "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Juniper Bell said...

Hey Gigi! You're a sweetheart. I hope you enjoy Dana's newest adventure!

Kali, I hear you. My office jobs were never that fun. And I love that quote too -- see it in action every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sherry said...

This sounds very hot and I can't wait to read it. Is this going to be the last story or do you plan on writing another one with these characters?

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

Oh Juniper you know how excited I've been for this book ;) can't wait to get my hands on it June 14th. I will not sleep til I know what happens that night. Thanks again for giving us another story. Xoxoxo

Dawn

Ju Dimello said...

Hi Juniper, the book sounds fun ;)

And in office too ::fans self::.. Can't wait for it to release!

Fedora said...

Oh goody! Great interview, Juniper and Vivi, and YAY for another receptionist adventure ;) And count me in as another who has only had VERY dull office jobs ;) LOL!

Juniper, do you every foresee moving from Alaska some day, or are you a "lifer"? :)

Willa Edwards said...

I love the new book Juniper. I'm a big fan of the previous. The characters are so great and you able to show such amazing emotion with such limited interaction (only in the office). I've been paticently waiting for this sequel for months. I hope you much success with it, and many many sales.

Juniper Bell said...

Hi Sherry - I'd like to write another one, if Samhain is interested! I love these characters, especially Dana. I'm playing around with some ideas, so we'll see. Thanks for asking!

Juniper Bell said...

Dawn - Love ya! June 14 ... not long now!

Ju - You read this excerpt in your office? Brave woman, LOL!

Fedora - Oh, that word, lifer. Ouch!! I sure hope not. I see myself more as a Hawaii lifer. I can dream!

Willa - Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments and good wishes.