Friday, May 6, 2011

My Favorite Things: DAY FOUR

Happy Chris Hemsworth Day, everyone!


(Or happy Friday to those of you who are not obsessively counting the seconds until you can drool over Thor's droolworthiness.)

First things first. Our next winner! (After a slight delay during which I couldn't get Random.org to work for me - seriously how hard is it to pick a number, random.org?) Today, the lucky winner is Becky!

Congratulations! Email me (vivi@viviandrews.com) and let me know which of the prize packs listed at the bottom of today's post you'd like to claim for your very own.

And now, on to today's giveaway! I'm gonna be honest, it's hard to focus on giving stuff away when all I can think of is the Thor awesomeness that will be coming my way in a few short hours. I'm a movie junkie, a superhero junkie, and DAMN is that man up there hot. Who can resist? But there are a ton of other movies I'm looking forward to this summer. Harry Potter's finale, a new X-Men, the Green Lantern, the Hangover 2, Cars 2... the list goes on. So today's question...

DAY FOUR QUESTION: Which summer movie are you most looking forward to seeing and why? Will you be braving the crazy crowds to see any of them on opening weekend?


And as for this weekend, does anyone else think it was utter foolishness to release Something Borrowed on the same weekend as the biggest chick flick of the year? (One of my male friends didn't think Thor counted as a chick flick. Yeah, cuz all those ab shots are for the manly men in the audience. He probably reads Playboy for the articles too.)

Good luck!

***PRIZE UPDATE: The following prize packs are still available!***
  • Contemporary Romance Pack: Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl, Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James, & First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
  • Paranormal Rom-Com Pack: First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (hardback) & A Date with the Other Side by Erin McCarthy
  • Uber-Sexy Paranormal Pack: Demon's Fire by Emma Holly, Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur, & Master of the Night by Angela Knight
  • Future/Space Sexiness Pack: Take Me & Need Me by Shelli Stevens & Beyond the Shadows by Jess Granger
  • Historical Awesomeness Pack: Two Eloisa James Desperate Duchess Books, Sins of a Duke and Before the Scandal by Suzanne Enoch
  • Romantic Suspense Pack: A trio of books by Roxanne St. Claire, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood
  • Not My Cuppa The Recently-Renamed Contemporary Drama Pack: Red Hat Club Rides Again by Haywood Smith, Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky, and Suddenly One Summer by Barbara Freethy.
  • Karmic Consultants Pack: Signed print copies of The Ghost Exterminator & The Sexorcist and a digital ARC of the not yet released short story A Cop & A Feel
  • Shifter Digi-Pack: Digital copies (in format of winner's choice) of Serengeti Heat, Serengeti Storm, Serengeti Lightning and the SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED Serengeti Sunrise.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

SQUEEEEE!!
I'm daring the opening weekend crowds for 2 movies. Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Reynolds. Ooops, I mean Thor and Green Lantern.
I'm just as excited about Cars 2, but I can't drag my spawn into opening weekend crowds, and he'd never forgive me if I saw it without him. (Yeah, I fear the wrath of a 3 year old.)
Hangover 2 is really exciting too, but I have to pick my battles since the in-laws aren't available every weekend. It doesn't have a hot guy so it doesn't rate as high ;)

Maria D. said...

Congratulations Becky!

I do plan to see a bunch of movies over the summer and will probably go during opening weekends but probably the early Saturday morning show. I plan to see Thor, X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Cars 2,Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Harry Potter, Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens, and the new Conan the Barbarian.....

gigis said...

We are braving the crowds this weekend to see Thor. Would like to go see Harry Potter, Pirates, Cars 2, Green Lantern and not sure what else...my hubby sent me an email the other day with the release dates of all the movies he wants to see this summer...lol

Gigi

Anonymous said...

I have so many I want to see this Summer. Thor, Hangover 2, Transformers 3, Harry Potter 7.5, Pirates of the Carribean, Cowboys and Aliens, Green Lantern, Smurfs.
I am going to be broke this Summer.

Sherry said...

I don't watch movies and haven't for somewhere 8 years or so. I don't even know what new movies are coming out. I would much rather read a book or play on the computer.

CrystalGB said...

I am looking forward to the last Harry Potter movie, the Transformer movie, Pirates the Caribbean, and Thor.

Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot]com

Gabby said...

Well I have to admit it's been along time since I've seen a movie in the theaters, the last one I think I saw was Despicable Me which was an awesome movie by the way!

As for movies that are coming out very soon, well I'd kind of like to see Thor even though he's one of the few superheroes that I don't know about him and The Green Lantern.

Anyway I love the picture on the right side that you have up, he's almost as drool worthy as Hugh Jackman, one of my other favorite mail actors.

I'm also kind of intrigued by the new Pirates of the Carribean movie even though I've seen one of them so far, sorry I got a little distracted.

If I go to the theaters at all it's usually a spur of the moment decision and I usually end up going with my family.

Ivelisse said...

I am dying to see Pirates (Johnny Depp *swoon*, Hangover II, Transformers, Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds *double swoon*).
I hate crowds and I will definitely be there for those.

Vivi Andrews said...

Oh, Pirates! I can't believe I spaced Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm deeply psyched by the mermaids. I always wanted to be a mermaid as a kid. (The untrustworthy Peter Pan ones not the happy singing Disney ones.)

Modokker said...

I want to see Thor and Green latern and The Priest But that one will require my husband to come and hold my hand cause it's a bit scary if you ask lol

Lisa B
modokker at yahoo dot com

Cathy M said...

Definitely Thor, Captain America, and The Green Lantern, and have Cowboys and Aliens on my list too.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Arlene Hittle said...

Smurfs? There's a new Smurfs movie? Hadn't heard about that one.

The new Pirates of the Carribbean looks good, but I'm more of a romantic comedy girl.

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

I'm a huge movie freak so I'd have to say I'll be at the movies at least once a week this summer, lol. Between my niece, nephew and hubby I have a ton to go watch. Niece n her friends expect me to make costumes and take them to midnight showing of Breaking Dawn, and any other chicky teenybopper girlie film. Nephew wants Pirates, Green Lantern, Transformers, and Cars. Hubby is extra excited about Thor, Conan, Captain America, and Harry Potter (yes hubby wants this not the kids! ) Me I want to see em all :) so I get the best of it the fun and the company. But I'm most excited I think for Thor. I love the story of Thor so very interested in seeing what they have done with it.

SusanR said...

I am not too much of a movie/TV person (I'd rather read!) but I am looking forward to Harry Potter!

And no, I won;t go the first weekend. THe only movies I see when they come out are the Twilight ones - usually at midnight!

Brenda Hyde said...

I am SO looking forward to seeing Thor... and Green Lantern cause Ryan Reynolds is also awesome and drool worthy.