Friday, May 20, 2011

Guest Author: Kaye Chambers

We're back! We have a new victim guest and we're ready to rock our way into the weekend. Woot! Today we're joined by Kaye Chambers to continue the shifter spree by chatting with us about her latest print release, Blood & Destiny. Y'all ready? Then let's get to it! I give you: Kaye Chambers! (Applause!)

1. Nerdgasm Question: Picard, Classic Kirk, or New Kirk - there can be only one. Who do you choose?

Oh, NEW KIRK!! Definitely. In my little flip book of heroes, Chris Pines has a starring role as a werewolf – with a personality that fits his Captain Kirk role to a T. Every time I watch Star Trek (which looks awfully nifty on my new iPad and iTV, btw), I get chills and the urge to howl at the moon. Damn those pesky voices in my head.

2. Bachelorette Question: Destiny's best bud is marrying into a werewolf pack. If Destiny were the one planning the bachelorette party, what would it be like?

Oh dear. That’s asking for T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Destiny’s not exactly known for her ability to respect boundaries. The one drawback to her planning abilities is her budget. But, if she had unlimited resources, the Chip-N-Dales would have a starring role…as would an open bar, a live band that specialized in old-style rock-n-roll, and enough food to balance out the alcohol consumption. Destiny being Destiny would forget about the problem of getting home until half the crowd was trashed. Then she would scramble.

3. Moral Turpitude Question: Some of your heroines are... iffy when it comes to moral and legal high ground. What's the most questionably legal thing you've ever (allegedly) done?

I plead the fifth. Okay, guess that didn’t fly. Honestly? I’ve lived a pretty exciting life, but most of it’s been pretty legal – other than a minor stint breaking-and-entering in college, if you consider coercing the security staff into helping rearrange my advisor’s office at midnight actually breaking in. He liked our way better (or maybe just was too lazy to arrange to have it put back) and left it that way for the rest of the time I was there.

4. Cagematch Question: Destiny has to choose between a dishy vamp and a charismatic shifter. In a cage match between these two studs, who would emerge the victor?

Now we’re about to start an ego war in my head. Luke, the lion, is a tough cookie, but he’s not nearly as ruthless (or invested) as Marcus, the vampire, especially if he thinks his future with Destiny is at stake. That would bring out a whole new level of practicality. The vampire would wipe the floor with the lion after a fight worth the cost of admission.

5. Help Me Fight the Zombie Apocalypse Question: Most effective method of decimating the zombie armies. Go

Zombie armies? *scrambles for notes* Oh, here it is – Flamethrowers. It’s the perfect solution. You’re not getting close enough for them to get a hold of you and it can do massive damage. Of course, when you run out of fuel, I do hope you can run like hell. I think the “surviving” zombies would be pretty upset with you.

Is anyone else noticing that "burn them all" seems to be a theme this week? You can't deny it's a good solution for just about everything. Except books. (Remind me to tell you the one about my aunt accidentally putting the book she was reading into the microwave and lighting that puppy on fire...) And speaking of hot books...

Blood & Destiny

When the past bites, bite back.

Ladies of St. George, Book 1

For Destiny St. George, shapeshifting lioness and private investigator, her best friend’s looming wedding is little more than a reminder of her failed relationship with vampire king Marcus Smythe. Tired of being only one of many mistresses—and dinner entrees—she’s stayed away from the vampire scene altogether. Until a missing-person case forces her to seek his help.

Knowing that pressing Destiny is not the way to convince her to give their relationship another try, Marcus has been waiting her out—and his patience is rewarded when she steps into his nightclub. Now is his chance to lure her back into his arms. This time, he plans to keep her there.

Destiny’s not sure which is worse: working with Marcus, or trying to remember all the reasons she called it off with him. And when it becomes clear the case is an elaborate trap to avenge a millennia-old grudge, she finds herself caught between love and instinct—while the clock ticks down on an innocent victim’s life…

Buy from Samhain :: Kindle :: nook :: Kaye's Website

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah! An author I've read! I finally get to be one of those gushy fans.
I loved Angelic Avengers! The world was just so wonderful and I can't wait to meet more angels.
Blood and Destiny was awesome too, I love P.I's and when they're shifters I love them more!

I have to weigh in on the first question though. I want new Kirk's dad. So I guess he;d be Kirk the First? Rawr.

Kaye Chambers said...

Hi Kali!!

:) New Kirk's Dad is THOR! And yes, he's definitely a keeper. How would you cast him as a hero? What kind of personality would you give him?

And - I've not abandoned the Angels. I'll get back to them eventually. ;)

Sherry said...

I haven't read any of your books yet. This sounds like a wonderful book and I look forward to reading it.

Becky said...

Great post! Kaye is a new author to me, but I look forward to reading this book and I am going to check out her books.

Kaye Chambers said...

Hi Sherry and Becky,

Destiny is a lot of fun and I hope you'll check her out. I also have some free shorts that you can download. :) The St. George Home for Abandoned Children has definitely produced some characters.

Jen B. said...

Fabulous cover!

Cherie said...

Fun interview, ladies.
Destiny sounds like quite a gal. Congratulations on your new print release!