Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Serengeti Sunrise Release Day!

It's here! Serengeti Sunrise has arrived!

No strings? Try hopelessly tangled.

Zoe King is itching to get out of Three Rocks. Sure, the pride is more progressive with her brother in charge. She’s just got a bad case of wanderlust…and an even worse case of the hots for Tyler Minor.
The pride’s mechanic sets her senses on fire one second, then shuts down and walks away the next. Before she hits the road for good, this lioness decides it’s time to bring their cat-and-mouse game to a satisfying end.

Twenty years ago, Tyler’s father walked out and left him with a mountain of responsibility. Now that his younger siblings are settled, the last thing he wants or needs is another obligation. Which is exactly what he’ll get if he screws around with the Alpha’s sister.


When Zoe offers—more like demands—a no-strings affair, temptation wins and he finds his hands in places they shouldn’t be, and his thoughts straying to words like his.

But Zoe’s got her own ideas about possessive, chest-banging males. And they don’t include white picket fences…or letting Tyler keep her out of the danger zone when an outside threat to the pride’s secrecy becomes all too real.


Get It Here.

Today I'm sharing excerpts and chatting about the book (and anything else that pops up) at the Samhain Cafe. Also, I'm blogging over at the Ruby blog where one commenter will win a copy of Serengeti Sunrise.

And, the Favorite Things Giveaway presses on! Today's lucky winner is: Brandi!!

Congratulations! Please email vivi@viviandrews.com and let me know which of the packs remaining (see the bottom of today's post) you'd like to take home.

DAY EIGHT QUESTION: Today's question isn't actually a question. All commenters will be eligible to win, as usual, but today I'm putting the power in your hands. Do you have questions for me? Or just a comment about life, the universe and everything? It's your party!

Starting tomorrow we'll have guest bloggers spicing things up here on the blog and the giveaways will continue as Mary Hughes & Sierra Dean kick off the guest-blog party. Don't miss it!

***PRIZE UPDATE: The following prize packs are still available!***
  • Contemporary Romance Pack: Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl, Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James, & First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
  • Paranormal Rom-Com Pack: First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (hardback) & A Date with the Other Side by Erin McCarthy
  • Uber-Sexy Paranormal Pack: Demon's Fire by Emma Holly, Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur, & Master of the Night by Angela Knight
  • Future/Space Sexiness Pack: Take Me & Need Me by Shelli Stevens & Beyond the Shadows by Jess Granger
  • Historical Awesomeness Pack: Two Eloisa James Desperate Duchess Books, Sins of a Duke and Before the Scandal by Suzanne Enoch
  • Romantic Suspense Pack: A trio of books by Roxanne St. Claire, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood
  • Contemporary Drama Pack: Red Hat Club Rides Again by Haywood Smith, Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky, and Suddenly One Summer by Barbara Freethy.
  • Karmic Consultants Pack: Signed print copies of The Ghost Exterminator & The Sexorcist and a digital ARC of the not yet released short story A Cop & A Feel
  • Shifter Digi-Pack: Digital copies (in format of winner's choice) of Serengeti Heat, Serengeti Storm, Serengeti Lightning and the SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED Serengeti Sunrise.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate you. In the most loving way possible, of course.

So I went to the gym at 11:30 and just on a whim I thought I'd check to see if the Kindle Fairy dropped Sunrise into my booklist. Sure enough, it was there. Forty minutes later I looked up and realized I'd been running ten minutes longer than I'd planned. (Which totally explains why I felt like I was going to collapse in an embarrassing treadmill accident involving flying legs and a scraped up face.)

Anyway, HAPPY RELEASE DAY!! And congrats on another amazing book that will keep me up all night long.

StacieDM said...

Happy Release Day!

Is there an actor or model that is your go-to inspiration for your heroes? A person that you find that use more than others? I'm always curious as to who the author envisions as their characters.

Ivelisse said...

Happy Release Day! No question, just to say I love your work and you are awesome :)

Maria D. said...

Happy Release Day Vivi! Love the cover to Serengeti Sunrise.

Please don't enter me in the contest today...lol

Vivant said...

Happy release day, Vivi!

As a faithful reader I've been waiting for Zoe and Tyler's story ever since Serengeti Heat, so I'm doing a happy dance today!

Which makes me wonder...aside from all of your blogging and contests and promotional activity, do you have any personal rituals or celebrations for your release days?

Vivi Andrews said...

Kali - I don't think there's an author in the world who wouldn't be flattered to find out she'd made you fall off a treadmill. ;) I hope you enjoy the rest of Sunrise and it doesn't cause you any gym-related catastrophes!

Stacie - The truth is I don't usually have a clear "vision" so much as a "sense" of my characters. I know that isn't helpful but I don't really SEE them when I'm writing so I don't tend to have actors cast in the roles or used as inspiration. There are a couple exceptions to this - The Naked Detective being one. The best way I can describe it is like one of those dreams where you know who a person is, but you never actually see them.

Ivelisse - Thank you so much! You're awesome back! (You're making my day here, y'all.) ;)

Maria - Thank you and seriously WOW on the cover, right? I got so lucky with that one. Angie Waters, Cover Goddess.

Thanks for celebrating with me, ladies! Let the party continue!

Vivi Andrews said...

Vivant - Thank you! As far as rituals: Puzzles. I do jigsaw puzzles on release days, because I find them soothing and they help me focus. Otherwise I tend to bounce off the walls.

And celebrations? I tend to travel a fair bit so I'm rarely in the same city on each release day, but I like to do *something* to make the day special - even if it's nothing more exotic than lunch out with a friend. :)

Fedora said...

Just want to say happy release day, Vivi! What a gorgeous cover!! :) Hope you're celebrating!

Becky said...

Happy Release Day!!

Vivi Andrews said...

Thank you, Fedora & Becky!

liztalley said...

Happy Release Day, Vivi! So happy for you and I love your trading card. So awesome!

Jen B. said...

First, thanks for the contest and the posts this week.
Second, I love your books.
Finally, my question. Do you keep a list or notes with the ideas that you aren't currently writing? Do most of your random ideas get used or not? I have always wondered because I figure writers must always have stuff bouncing around their heads and I know I wouldn't be able to keep it straight without a list!

Vivi Andrews said...

Jen - I do jot down ideas to save for later, some on random scraps of paper and some in files on my computer. I figure I've probably got over fifty books - at various stages of development - that I'll get around to writing one of these days. It's just a question of having the hours in the day to write them all! :)