Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Guest Author: Moira Rogers

Let the shifter awesomeness continue! (Rrawr!) Moira Rogers has not one but two delectable shifter releases to share with us today and I'm delighted to announce that the Bree half of the Moira Rogers writing duo has agreed to submit to an interrogation give us an interview! And now, I give you, the always witty and disgustingly talented Moira Rogers!

1. Nerdgasm Question: If you had to give up one for a whole month, which would you sacrifice: pie charts or spreadsheets?

Oh the cruelty! On the one hand, pie charts are shaped like pie, and make me think of pie, and for the love of everything that is good in the world, who doesn't love pie?

On the other hand, I have three spreadsheets open right now...and zero pie charts. So clearly I must keep the spreadsheets.

2. Voodoo Question: Sabine is under a fascinating curse. If you were going to curse someone or something what is the worst curse you can imagine?

I've always thought the Midas Touch was a pretty nasty piece of work. If I had something like that, it would probably turn everything I touched into computer RAM. Or chocolate.

3. Dom/Sub Question: I don't play well with others. How do you manage your writing partnership? Do you take turns holding the whip?

It's all about working to compromise. Or fighting to compromise. Sometimes it involves throwing snack foods at each other and screaming. Which can be TOTALLY FUN until you have to clean it up.

But if anyone asks...Donna is the boss of me. (She's scrappy. And she knows how to hide a body.)

4. Cagematch Question: Sabine has her wolf and Kisri has her lion... In a werewolf/lion-shifter cage match, who comes out on top?

Oooooh, tough one. But I think in a cage? One on one? Totally the wolf.

Now if it was Sabine against Kisri... Kisri has a sword. And she'd cheat. :D

Dude. Kisri sounds like my kind of girl.

5. Help Me Fight the Spider Apocalypse Question: Most effective method of decimating the spider armies. Go.

BURN THEM. BURN THEM WITH FIRE.

Ahem. Okay, I'm calm now--BUT STILL BURN THEM. Scorched earth. Leave no survivors.

For the record, I fully support the napalm plan for de-spiderification. And now that we've established a plan to rid the world of spiders (Bree is the only one who appreciates my deep and abiding terror of things with eight legs), check out Sabine & Kisri!

Sabine - Now Available from Samhain (Kindle::nook)

A curse can erase her from his mind, but never from his heart.

…and the Beast, Book 1

After three years at war, the High Lord of the Forest returns to his lands, a victorious wolf leader intent on claiming his mate. Instead Ciar finds an empty bed and a court with no recollection of the woman he loved. Following her long-cold trail proves far easier than facing what awaits him at the end.

Sabine’s first instinct is to beg her beloved to leave. The High Lord’s mother hired a witch to curse Sabine, desperate to wipe the lowborn wolf from her son’s mind. But the spell worked too well, and Sabine has vanished from the thoughts of everyone who sees her. Including her own family.

The edges of his memory already blurring, Ciar and Sabine must race to find a way to reverse the spell. Yet every searing moment together is not enough to stop the curse’s inexorable progress. His only chance is to bind Sabine to him too tightly to be forgotten, before she disappears once and for all.

Warning:This story contains cruel betrayal, destined love, vile curses, smoldering reunions, wicked deeds between wanton shapeshifters and a happily-ever-after worthy of any fairy tale.

AND COMING IN JUNE... Kisri!

His duty...her pleasure.

…and the Beast, Book 2

After three years at war, Ennon bears the burden of seeing the High Lord’s vast armies home. Keeping thousands of fiercely independent lions in line isn’t easy. When his soldiers discover a beautiful, royal female hidden beneath an illusion spell, the lure of her inheritance threatens the order of his camp.

The men of her family protected Kisri, until the war stole them away. Tired of defending herself from greedy suitors, she’s in search of her only remaining male relative. Instead she finds Ennon, her cousin’s most dangerous warrior. Perhaps the only man in the kingdom who has no interest in claiming her birthright. Which makes him unique…and tempting.

Delivering Kisri to his High Lord’s side—while keeping his distance—is Ennon’s one and only duty. Yet Kisri’s untutored advances crack his formidable resistance. And she proves to be a dangerously adept student. Especially when their passion wakes a magic beyond their control…

Warning:This story contains a dangerous shapeshifter warlord, a lioness with a sword, innocent passion, sexual awakenings and a happily-ever-after worthy of any fairy tale.

Pre-order today from Samhain :: Kindle :: nook.

Shifters! Curses! Magic! Are you guys half as excited about these books as I am? Today Bree & Donna have generously provided a copy of both Sabine & Kisri for y'all to fight it out for in the comments. Good luck!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

First, and most important. A shiny new (very effective!) way of killing those eight-legged abominations. My husband's preferred killing method is to spray the heck out of them with throttle body/ brake parts cleaner. I've seen this in action and it's AMAZING. Far more effective and fast acting than any poison and you don't have to get near them. Problem is you need to be in a well ventilated area like the outdoors or garage.

On to my gushing...I was first exposed to the awesomeness of Moira Rogers with Freeze Line. It was sooooo good! And now you present me with these? I must have them!! But I'm going to wait and see if I win them.

Maybe.

gigis said...

I read Sabine and it was wonderful...left me guessing up until the end on what would happen with Sabine.

Can't wait to read Kirsi

Unknown said...

These both sound like fascinating stories. Sabine definitely has the coolest plot setup, with the curse. But Kisri is a feline shifter and she's a badass heroine with a sword. So she sounds like the most amazing thing ever.

The coolest way I've ever heard about a spider being killed was my roommate's story of spraying one with hairspray and then lighting it on fire. I didn't see it myself, so I don't know if it actually happened, but it sounds like the most awesome way to kill them.

Tawania said...

I love anything put out by Moira Rogers, and I can't wait to read these two books. I love the cover for Sabine & Kisri.

CrystalGB said...

I would love to read Moira's books. Thanks for the awesome giveaway.
Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot]com

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

Moira is a must have for me! Everything she write is just amazing :) I pre-ordered Sabine so I have that but would love to get Kisri. BTW the covers are beautiful!!

Becky said...

Great interview! Both of these books sound real good. I like the covers of both of these books.

Unknown said...

What a fabulous interview! Y'all are hilarious!

I love the covers for both these books and I am a huge shifters fan.

Alas, I cannot agree to the napalming of spiders as my OH and I have 12 tarantulas of our own :)

Fedora said...

Oh, the awesomeness that is the duo of Donna and Bree!! Thanks for the fun interview!! Can't wait for Kisri!!

Willa Edwards said...

I love the concept of the fairy tales. It seems we've had a lot of fairies making mistakes lately (the biggest one I remember is the kids book ella, but I feel there have been more), I love that you're fairy is too good instead of inept. The books sound great. I hope you many many sales (which I'm sure I don't have too, the blurbs speak for themselves).

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

O..I hate spiders. Too many legs and eyes. Ble3s my hubby he uses our shop vac and chases those suckers down to suck them up. This time of year he uses it for the mosquitoes too. Those blood suckers are hell up here in Alaska interior.
I love you books ladies. I reread them a lot as they are sooo good. *S*
I would dearly love to win your book.

Thanks for the contest :)

Darcy

pommawolf @hotmail.com

SusanR said...

Great interview! I was laughing at the Spider Apocolypse answer!!! LOL. I am lOoking forward to reading these!

Susanmik AT gmail DOT com

booklover0226 said...

I hate spiders, too, but love snakes! Go figure. LOL

These book are on my "must buy on next payday" list!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Sherry said...

I've only read a few of Moira's books. The ones that I read I loved and I look forward to reading more of them.
I also hate spiders and I don't care how big or little they are.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Jen B. said...

Me, Me, pretty please me! I wouldn't napalm the spiders because those little buggers would probably just throw it right back! I really want to read these, they sound great.
jepebATverizonDOTnet

elaing8 said...

Great interview.I'm with you on the spiders,kill them all.
I have Sabine and ready to read soon.They both sound like great books.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Cherie said...

This interview was hilarious -- both questions and answers. I can't wait to read these books.

Milinda said...

Kill those evil monster spiders! I am so there with the napalm. I've used Spider Killer-from ACE-but you really have to spray those buggers. I've got hair spray & a lighter & will be trying that this year.

I think that I've got all of Donna & Bree's books. Love them all!

Brenda Hyde said...

Spiders don't bother me-- it's the cockroaches that make me cringe and want to run for the hills. Thankfully I don't have any at my house, but just the THOUGHT of them existing angers me. I'm not sure napalm would even kill them.

I love all the Moira Rogers books, but the shifters are my favorite. I can't wait to read this new series, but until I get some extra $, I'm rereading the Sanctuary/Red Rock Pass series:)