Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cops 'N Robbers

On TNT there's this new show that has me totally hooked. Leverage. It's all about thieves who band together for some Robin Hood action, stealing from the unethical rich and giving back to the poor wronged peasants. Every week is a new caper, a new heist.

I could never really get into any of the Law & Orders or CSIs, but somebody puts a show about crooks on the air and I'm instantly a fan. Ocean's Eleven, The Italian Job, To Catch a Thief, After the Sunset, How to Steal a Million - I can't get enough of thieves stealing from those who deserve to have their assets reallocated.

I'm not sure what this says about my personal moral compass though I've often suspected that it doesn't point due North. For some reason, I love an unabashed thief.

Today's Gigolo Contest Question is this: Who turns your crank? Cops or Robbers? The Good Guys or the Bad Boys? Which side of the law do you fall on?

10 comments:

Vivant said...

The bad boys, definitely! I also love the unconventional good guys...Angel (Buffy), Henry (Blood Ties) and others from the dark side who work with the cops help us survive the human and inhuman monsters.

Dianna C said...

Do I have to pick one or the other, I love bad guys but there is no reason why I can not like the good guys too. It all depends on who and what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Checkout "Burn Notice". Ex-spy turned Robin Hood - Michael Weston. Hot! Hot! Hot! And for the guys, Michael's ex-girlfriend, Fiona, is sassy, knows her firearms, and likes to blow things up. They have comic relief in the form of their sidekick (Sam - I think it is), and Michael's meddling mother. Are they cops or are they robbers? A little of both.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I like the cops BUT are bad boys! I am a very moral person, and I have issues being attracted to someone who breaks the law, or uses their power for their own purpose type thing. I enjoy the bad boys though :) The very alpha male.
I have yet to see Leverage, but it is on my list of things to see.

Unknown said...

hmmm well since I'm a Gemini I could take either side of that coin :) Bad boys can be so much fun but good guys can too

memi said...

I'd say it depends on the specifics - though this is almost always my answer to anything - because if it's George Clooney/Cary Grant I'm a thief but good at heart kind of thing, that's totally hot. Cops, however, specifically those who also know some impressive form of martial arts, are also pretty fabulous. On the other hand, the one thing that is not sexy, in my opinion, is a crooked cop. That is neither cool nor hot, my friend.

Unknown said...

I will say cops cause I love a man in uniform.

Shadowgoddess said...

I really like my bad boys. They rule! My second choice would be the cops.

Kytaira said...

Between Cops and Robbers I'll choose the Cops! I love bad boys but the best bad boys to me have a moral compass. Like the Navy Seals, the Special Forces, the Rangers. Oh La La!

There is one *robber* type that I can't help liking on TV though and that's Dexter. I really never thought I'd like the show. A serial killer?! It's great though!

Sela Carsen said...

I'm loving LEVERAGE myself, Vivi. There's just nothing like a charming anti-hero. :)