Friday, February 27, 2009

On the Prowl by Kaye Chambers

Now available in a bookstore near you! On the Prowl, an anthology featuring two urban-fantasy shape-shifter novellas by exciting new authors Kaye Chambers and Taryn Blackthorne.

Who would you trust with your life…and your heart?

Tiger by the Tail by Kaye Chambers

Sasha DeStephano’s spent her childhood insulated from the dangers of growing up with the “tiger mafia”. Now that she’s been summoned to appear before the elders, she’s urged on every side to give up her birthright for a new regime.

But not Colton Reyes, a rogue alpha. Cole thinks the tiger society is headed down a one-way street to disaster. And she is their only hope. In this game of danger and intrigue, Cole’s best chance to protect her…is to pretend to claim her as his mate.

Except pretending is the last thing on Sasha’s mind.


Even for Me by Taryn Blackthorne

Once, Aislyn had a life, a family and a home—until a witch cast a spell that shattered everything. Now Aislyn is holed up in Denver and fighting the Changes that ravage her body and threaten her hold on humanity.

All Jackson Havens needs is quick proof that Aislyn is the Ghost Cat Killer, and his wallet will be fat again. One pair of handcuffs and a double-crossing employer later, Jackson finds himself bound to the sexy Aislyn—and racing to catch the real killer before someone puts Aislyn down. For good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being a rabid reader as well as a writer, going to writing conferences is a lot like going to the Oscars (just without the couture and gazillion dollar jewelry). I try not to have too many "Oh my god, you're the Linda Howard!" moments, but sometimes my inner groupie shines through and for weeks afterward I will find reasons to name drop like the unsophisticated dweeb that I am. "When I spoke to Roxanne St. Claire at Moonlight and Magnolias, she said..." "It's interesting you should mention that because when I met Julia Quinn at the Emerald City Conference..."
Luckily, the name-dropping is only a temporary affliction. But this week, I had the most fun name-dropping I've had to date. A friend of mine, someone I knew before she had her name on the cover of a book, released her very first book in bookstores. I got to go to my local B&N, pull that puppy off the shelf (an endcap, no less!) carry it up to the cash register and brag my lil heart out to the clerk that "I know Kaye Chambers." It was awesome. The clerk thought that was pretty damn cool, but I predict on a day not too far from now the response will be, "Oh my god, not the Kaye Chambers." And then I'll get to brag that I knew her before she'd published a single word.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Gigolo Question: Which author would you most like to meet in person?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow
this is a hard one....and well...if I answer truthfully, I don't know if I care to meet any author...
I don't want to meet celebrities either
I have no idea what kind of person they are just because they write good books! :D
However from reading blogs, I am starting to get a better idea....and I think it would be awesome to meet some of my favourite blog authors (you included Vivi!)

Kaye Chambers said...

Dude...you made me cry.

Because...that M&M was a great experience and one of the best things about was that I took YOU away as a friend.

And I STILL SAY...it's going to be ME saying ... "I know Vivi Andrews...as in she's a personal friend. And I knew her when we were both fledglings trying to figure out how to defy gravity."

HUGS and thank you!

Vivant said...

I would love to meet any of my favorite writers of clever, funny, quirky books. Jennifer Cruisie tops that list.

From outside the romance genre, Jasper Fforde would be amazing to meet. Unfortunately, I am so totally in awe of his mind-boggling imagination and sly wit that I would be almost certain to lose my powers of speech.

Of course, I've already met my FAVORITE author -- Vivi -- but then I'm biased. I would enjoy meeting Kaye...got her book this week and I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend.

Vivi Andrews said...

Natasha - Good call with meeting the fav blog authors! I'd love a nice snarkified meeting with the Smart Bitches. And you're gonna have me blushing with all that sweet talk about me being a fav. :)

Kaye - now you've got that song from Wicked "Defying Gravity" stuck in my head.

Auntie Andrews - you are severely biased, m'dear, but I expected nothing less. I agree that authors with humor and wit would be fun to meet - but I would probably dissolve into monosyllabic grunts in my fanstruck state.

Kaye Chambers said...

HUGS Vivant!

Thank you for picking it up and I'd love to hear your opinion on it!

And yes, Vivi is a wonderful person and a hard act to follow.

*grins*

It is great to meet the people behind the books we all so admire.

Unknown said...

Lora Leigh or Jennifer Crusie