Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Got any big plans for hearts and flowers day? I, myself, am a Cupid-Free-Zone - though I might fire up a chick flick and live vicariously through pithy romantic banter. Maybe The Philadelphia Story or His Girl Friday. No one does romance quite like Cary Grant.

So I was thinking about a comment Kelly made last week (by the way, I am loving reading all the comments!) about romantic keepsakes. I'm not much of a jewelry girl and I don't have a stack of love letters saved in a box. The one romantic keepsake that really stands out in my mind is a pressed flower. Corny, I know, but thinking about it still makes me go all squidgy inside. Back in the college days, when I was still living in a dorm, my boyfriend of the time picked a purple wildflower and pinned it to the dry-erase board on my door. He wrote "Love You" next to it. Just that. It turned me into mush in three seconds flat. Still does, a decade later.

In honor of St. Valentine's Day, the Gigolo Question today is all about mushy romance: What romantic keepsake means the most to you?

Don't know what the Gigolo Contest is? Click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep all of the little cards that come with flower bouguets and I found some little frames that are for (I think) dinner placecards for parties. I framed each card that my husband has given me (but it's not that many). I have 2 anniversary, 1 birthday, 1 Valentine, and 1 just cuz, and a couple empties because I'm an optomist.

I'm actually one of those people that keeps everything...every movie ticket stub, programs from plays, matches from restraunts etc...

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I have the movie stub to almost EVERY movie we saw while we were dating. I plan to make a decoupage frame using them, and putting a pic of us inside. We aren't a very sappy couple though, so when he sends me a sappy email I will save that as well.

Unknown said...

The mother's day things that my kids made for me when they were in elementary school