Sunday, February 15, 2009

FREE READ: Love Potion #9

Got the post-Valentine's Day blues? Just click on over to the Samhellion for some Valentine's Free Reads including my new paranormal short: Love Potion Number Nine!

It'll take a helluva love potion to make Lara - Valentine Scrooge, practicing witch and potion expert - fall head over heels. Luckily, bar-owner Connor mixes a mean Cupid cocktail.

The first ever Karmic Consultants story!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been fussed at by a bunch of people for getting that song ("He broke my little bottle of...") stuck in their heads, so today's Gigolo Question is musical: What do you think is the most romantic song ever?

My picks (I couldn't narrow it down to just one) are: I'll Be Your Lover Too by Van Morrison, At Last by Etta James, Turn Me On by Norah Jones and These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Ghost Shrink Buzz!! --> --> I don't know who Gramma is, but I love her for liking my book! Woohoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I love his question. I have just recently fallen in love with Chris Isaak...Wicked Game/Life Will Go On/Somebody's Crying/Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing. I asked for his greatest hits for Christmas...didn't get it. I asked for it for V-Day, but went out and bought it myself because I knew I wasn't going to get it. They are more love lost than love found, but his acoustic Rockabilly is haunting.

I love Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time & True Colors.

I love...I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick. What can I say, I'm a product of the eighties. I love music and like to incorporate it into my writing even if you can't hear it.

Love Freddie Mercury....just about anything by Queen, although not always romantical.

That's whats in my car CD player, along with Blondi, ELO, Meatloaf (Paradise by the Dashboard Lights), Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett. Depends on my mood.

Finding great music is like finding a new favorite author.

Kelly

Vivant said...

Van Morrison's Moondance is my all-time favorite, but there are many others I love. I agree that Norah Jones' Turn Me On is fabulous. I also love Fields of Green by Sting or Eva Cassady. Unforgettable, by Nat King Cole is, well, unforgettable. And at the moment I'm listening to Leonard Cohen, who does dark, haunting love songs exceptionally well.

Last, here is a VERY odd choice -- there is an old Michael Franks song called Popsicle Toes that I absolutely adore. It evokes a sweet, playful relationship perfectly, and never fails to make me smile and sing along. It's not romantic in a classical sense, but it's a delightfully offbeat love song.

Anonymous said...

Hmm
See, I like music, but I am not big about it, if that makes sense. Hubby and I have never had a dance, although I have a song that I use for use....it's called Heaven Know's and it is on the Hacker's soundtrack.
And Kelly has some great songs there too!

Vivi Andrews said...

Dude, I love Queen. I agree, not always romantic, but whenever I'm stressed out I just put "Don't Stop Me Now" on my stereo and belt it out as I jump around my living room.

I'm gonna have to check out Heaven Knows today... just think how much harder it was to find new music before iTunes.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C72YCou1UY
Here is the song on youtube....not the best version, I think they just got it off of the movie! lol